"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Malaysia update!!

Hey everybody!!

It's week three and we've made a bunch of contacts here at the college that we see throughout the week! There are pictures on Facebook of some of the stuff we've done here and you should be able to click on the title ("Malaysia update!!") to see those.



I'm going to post the previous email I sent in case you haven't seen it yet:

Man! We have been way busy!! We've made a bunch of new friends in Penang and we're spending a lot of time with them. My team is Margaret, my friend from school, and a brother and sister, Paul and Libby, from Louisiana. During the week we play ultimate frisbee four times and we're starting two English clubs on one of the college campuses this Thursday. Other than that, we're building relationships with students from all over the place - S. Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Iran, Nigeria, and Sudan. Malaysia and its people are really diverse. We've visited mosques, temples, museums, and markets (where I bought pork in Mandarin!!) and I've eaten food from Thailand, India, China, and Japan. Margaret and I are making southern food (or the best we can manage in Malaysia) this Saturday for a bunch of friends, so that should be fun! We're also planning a cookout and a movie night for a bunch of folks in our apartment (which is actually nicer than my apartment!). The coolest thing, however, is that we're going to a prom! The engineering school at a college here is having their prom July 3 and we've weaseled our way into it!! It's going to be hilarious, I'm sure!

So, we're staying busy and trying to move our relationships into talk about spiritual matters. (Sorry I can't say more about this, but security is pretty tight.) I miss you all and thank you for your prayers!!

No comments: